Now is the time to join a virtual community and awaken to what we can do to create a world of peace, justice, and love for all. Join Dr. Monea for a 14 day, virtual immersion. Using mindfulness tools such as reflection, relationships, and resilience, we will break down racism and rebuild a foundation for antiracism together.
Racism is not a theory. For people of color, it’s a lived experience day after day. I believe change is possible and change begins with YOU.
Are you ready to awaken?
...Awaken to the realities of racism.
...Awaken to your journey of antiracism.
...Awaken to hope and change.
No matter where you are along your antiracism journey, this immersion is for you. Each day, we will unpack key, antiracism vocabulary by viewing videos, reading articles, listening to podcasts and discussing with each other. This self-paced immersion will require deep inner work so come prepared ready to work, ready to serve from the comfort of your home. Most importantly, we will be on this 14-day journey together.
- To understand key terms related to antiracism.
- To become more comfortable discussing racism.
- To become familiar with antiracism resources (videos, books, podcasts, etc.).
- To explore a holistic approach to antiracism using the 3 R’s: reflection, relationships, and resilience.
- To build a beloved community and strengthen antiracism in your home, community, and our world.
Registration Open November 27-December 9, 2020
Immersion: December 11-24, 2020
- Each day,you will explore:
- 1 vocabulary word;
- A video to watch or podcast to listen to (or both);
- An article to read or resource to explore; and
- A journal writing prompt or assignment.
- You will be invited to a closed Facebook group.
- Day 1: What is race?
- Day 2: What is racism?
- Day 3: What is interpersonal racism?
- Day 4: What is internalized racism?
- Day 5: What is systemic racism?
- Day 6: What is institutional racism?
- Day 7: Revisit information from days 1-6.
- Day 8: What is white supremacy?
- Day 9: What is antiracism?
- Day 10: What is authentic antiracism (part 2)?
- Day 11: What allyship is NOT?
- Day 12: What is allyship?
- Day 13: How do I deepen my empathy?
- Day 14: How do I make antiracism a movement, not a movement?
This immersion includes an optional LIVE Courageous Conversation with Dr. Monea on Sunday, January 3, 7:00-8:30pmEST.